Glory and Gravity

Sunday, April 24, 2005

A Little Insight

I thought I would begin by giving you some insight into my life. Here are a list of things that have been influential in my life.

Life Changing Events

Salvation - What a priveledge to be called out of darkness into his marvelous light.

My attendance at FBC Auburn 1997 - I can not thank God enough for the grace of attending this church, it has changed, my heart, my mind, and hopefully my future. Thanks Josh, Mark, and Kirk. It was the first time I heard real preaching. Conversations with Josh, Kirk and Kristen Hall would prove fatal to my understanding of salvation. God would continue to hound me with his sovereignty in salvation. My wrong view wouldnt stand long. College group series in 1st John got me thinking.

Truth and Life Conference 2002 - My mind and world were blown apart. God was faithul in reavealing his truth to me. My entire thought process was changed. I began the transition from man-centered to God-centered. The doctrine of election is a precious thing to me now, I stopped fighting it. Romans 9 changes yet another life!!!

Summer Internship FBC Auburn 2003, What a time of growth! What great fellowship sharing an office with Casey, Josh and Mark for an entire summer. I wish I could do it over.

Preaching through 2ndPeter to FBC Youth during Josh's transition. What an incredible opportunity to learn and grow. I love to preach!!!

So many other great things at our church, the friends, the fellowship, the sermons. 1st Peter was amazing.

Influential Persons

My parents, Ed & Joy - for teacing me the bible from an early age (1 Cor 10:31) Oh the grace of Christian parents!!!
Harry Tonn (my grandpa) - for showing me that only Jesus matters. He was the happiest man I know !!!
Stephanie Tonn - its encouraging to see someone stand up when its not popular
Kirk Welch - instilling in me a passion for preaching and teaching the truth in love
Josh Winans - for calling me on what was needed, not letting me be nominal, and teaching me to be faithful in things
Jeremy Burch - good times Jer, thanks for your friendship, it came at the perfect time - It means so much to me.
Jordan Minyard - for reminding me to never be ashamed of the Gospel and to love the kids
Mark Hall - for showing me with his actions how to serve others and how to love the flock
Casey Hobbs - what a blessing to have a like minded, encouraging supportive friend,
in this together! There is joy in ministering with others.

Life Changing Sermons

Expressions of Grace - Election , R.C. Sproul Truth & Life 2002
Portrait of a New Life (Eph 4:17 - 5), John MacArthur
The Lordship of Christ Series, John MacArthur
A Passion for the Supremacy of God Pt 1 &2 , John Piper

Favorite Authors

John Piper - I have learned more from him than any other author, I'm forever indebted
John MacArthur - because truth matters
RC Sproul - he brings to light doctrinal clarity
CJ Mahaney - great on the cross
Alex Montoya - what a passionate preacher
Art Azurdia - he brings the cross to the center
The Dead Guys - Edwards, Spurgeon, Luther, Augustine - Those guys rock!!

I could go on and on, sorry if this is boring lol.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home